Seasonal Marina Dock Hand
|Open Date||Feb 09 2021 - 08:32:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Seasonal Marina Dock Hand||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||High School Diploma||Experience||1 years|
|Salary Range||$27.19/hr (2019 rate)|
Work Term is April 8, 2021 through October 29, 2021
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Supervisor of Recreation Programming, the Seasonal Marina position is responsible for performing a variety of customer service, general labour and maintenance duties in order to effectively operate the day to day activities of the municipal marina, including overseeing the summer students.
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience working in a municipal marina environment or with boats
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C required
- Class G Driver’s license with driving abstract
- VHF Radio Operator’s License an asset but not required
- Boating license an asset but not required
- Well-developed communication skills in order to deal with the public
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude to operate equipment including small tools
- Marina operations
- Ability to follow work orders and show initiative for completing tasks
Physical Skill and Effort
- Able to use equipment safely and act in a safe manner
- Able to handle cash transactions.
- Must be able to perform light physical duties associated with operating equipment and small tools
- Maintenance of marina facility and boat docks
- Operation of boat ramp
- Working with marine vehicles including handling gas facility operations
- Assist seasonal/transient boaters
- Ensure that all forms related to marina operations are completed and fees collected
- Responsible for correctly following pump out procedures and providing gas fill ups while servicing boats
- Ensure that all corporate and marina policies and regulations are followed as they apply to employees and patrons of the marina and marina facilities
- Maintain the cleanliness of the marina docks and facilities (including janitorial duties in the washrooms, showers, etc.)
- Assist with maintenance of grounds (i.e. garbage collection, grass cutting, watering of plants, etc.)
- Open and close marina office
- Maintain marina inventory and supplies
- Collect dock fees, transient fees and launch fees
- Oversee and delegate work to the summer students
- Other duties or tasks as assigned
Decision Making and Judgement:
· Work is performed under the general direction of the Supervisor of Recreation Programming with access to municipal policies, procedures, bylaws and regulations.
Interpersonal skill to liaise with the public and fellow staff members in a friendly and co-operative manner.
- With Supervisor to ensure work responsibilities are met.
- With other staff to ensure provision of timely information and services.
- Answer questions from the public, provide information and provide customer service.
- Works outdoors in a marina environment
- Exposure to varying weather conditions
Control over Work Schedule
- Up to 40 hours per week, Monday through Sunday, Shift work between the hours of 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
This position is being posted under the provisions of the Collective Agreement between IBEW Local 636 and the Town of Lakeshore.
As an inclusive employer, the Municipality of Lakeshore is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. The Municipality is also committed to ensuring that personal information will remain confidential under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.