2021 Summer Student - Day Camp Coordinator
|Open Date||Jan 19 2021 - 02:25:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||2021 Summer Student - Day Camp Coordinator||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||30 to 35|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Location||Atlas Tube Centre|
Work term June 7 to Sept 3, 2021
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Supervisor- Recreation Programming, the Team Leader- Day Camps position is responsible for the direct planning and implementation of the Summer Adventure Camp and Specialty Camps curriculum for children 7 to 10 years of age (Senior Division).
• University or College student (preferably in youth studies)
• Previous experience in a program leadership or instructor role is required.
• Experience planning and implementation of children’s programs required.
• Must enjoy working with children and understand their developmental needs.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Well-developed social skills and leadership skills to work effectively in empowering young leaders to succeed during their term of employment.
• High Five Quality at Play Standards (Course PHCD-100) is required prior to start of employment
• Standard First Aid/CPR Level C is required prior to start of employment
• Police Clearance for vulnerable populations
• Able to work independently and as a team leader.
• Knowledge of implementing and creating fun, imaginative and safe activities
• Knowledge of healthy child development
• Knowledge of safety standards
Physical Skill and Effort
• No special physical skills required.
• Direct planning and implementation of the Summer Adventure Camp and Specialty Camps curriculum.
• Supervision of the Senior Day Camp Team Leader plus supervision of 10 or more camp counsellors and volunteers responsible for the delivery of the weekly camp activities for ages 4 to 10 years.
• Ensure the program’s best practices and High Five Quality at Play Standards are included in the weekly themed curriculum.
• Maintain inventory of supplies and scheduling of activities in a timely manner.
• Schedule counsellors based on ratios and hours of work established.
• Maintain daily attendance sheets, medical records, incident reports, any and all notifications to parents/children, sign in/out procedures, follow up procedures for children with medical needs, behaviour issues and main point of contact with parents.
• Complete staff and program evaluations when required.
• Conduct orientation training session at start of program session to include program expectations and review of best practices and High Five Standards Leaders Guide.
• Organize and maintain a directory of necessary templates, samples of games and activities utilized throughout the session, listing of inventory and supplies, medical notifications, parent/leader/administration correspondence, and updated listing of activities distributed weekly to parents and website.
• Maintain strict protocol at all times in reference to safety standards and policies in place.
• Other duties as assigned.
Decision Making and Judgement:
• Work is performed under the general direction of the Supervisor- Recreation Programming with access to municipal policies, procedures, bylaws and regulations.
This position is responsible for the supervision program camp leaders and of children ages 4 to 10.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Interpersonal skill to liaise with the parents, children and fellow staff members in a friendly and co-operative manner.
• With Supervisor- Recreation programming to ensure work responsibilities are met.
• With Camp Counsellors to ensure activities align with curriculum.
• With other staff to ensure provision of timely information and services.
• With parents on a daily basis to provide information on their child.
• Primarily works at the Atlas Tube Centre.
• Children’s activities may be both indoors and outdoors.
Control over Work Schedule
• Usually Monday through Friday, between 7:30 am to 5:30 pm (30 - 35 hrs/wk)
• May be required to work weekends pending scheduled events
As an inclusive employer, the Municipality of Lakeshore is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. The Municipality is also committed to ensuring that personal information will remain confidential under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.