2021 Summer Student - Water Treatment
|Open Date||Jan 14 2021 - 10:57:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||2021 Summer Student - Water Treatment||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||High School Diploma|
Work term is May 3 through Sept 3, 2021
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Supervisor of Water Operations this position is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations and maintenance of the municipality’s water treatment plants and associated pump stations, reservoirs and water towers.
- Student at least 16 years of age as of May 3, 2021 (Due to early start date this position is open only to College or University students who are returning full time to a recognized college or university program in September)
- Valid Driver’s License (G2) and clean driver’s abstract
- Previous experience driving a standard pickup truck
- Able to follow direction, show initiative and exercise good judgment to ensure the effective completion of tasks.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Protective footwear required
- Well-developed public relations skills in order to communicate effectively with the public
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Physical Skill and Effort
- Able to use equipment safely and act in a safe manner
- Must be able to perform physical demands associated with operating equipment and tools.
- Minor maintenance and janitorial duties at the municipality’s water treatment plants and associated pump stations, reservoirs and water towers.
- Painting and valve identification marking within the water treatment plants.
- Yard maintenance and clean up within the water treatment facilities.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by lead hand/working foreman in water treatment or the Waterworks Engineer.
Decision Making and Judgement:
· Work is performed under the general direction of the Supervisor of Water Operations with access to municipal policies, procedures, bylaws and regulations.
This position is not responsible to supervise any staff
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Interpersonal skill to liaise with the public and fellow staff members in a friendly and co-operative manner.
- With Supervisor to ensure work responsibilities are met.
- With other staff to ensure provision of timely information and services.
· Occasional interaction with the public, ratepayers and Ministry of Environment officials.
- Works outdoors
- Exposure to varying weather conditions
- Belle River Water Treatment Plant and Stoney Point Water Treatment Plant
Control over Work Schedule
- Hours of work are 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday
As an inclusive employer, the Municipality of Lakeshore is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. The Municipality is also committed to ensuring that personal information will remain confidential under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.