2021 Summer Student Day Camp Counsellor
|Open Date||Jan 19 2021 - 02:12:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||2021 Summer Student Day Camp Counsellor||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||24-35 hours (may fluctuate based on camper registrations)|
|Location||Atlas Tube Centre|
Work Term is June 21 to Sept 3, 2021
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Supervisor- Recreation Programming, this position is responsible for providing a fun, safe, meaningful and educational program for children 4 to 10 years of age.
• Student at least 16 years of age as of June 1, 2021
• Must be available to work the entire term. Vacation requests will not be considered during this eight week period.
• Must enjoy working with children.
• Well-developed social skills and leadership skills.
• Previous experience in a recreation/social/camp environment required.
• High Five Quality at Play Standards (Course PHCD-100) is required prior to start of employment
• Police Clearance for vulnerable populations
• Standard First Aid/CPR Level C is required prior to start of employment
• Must be a team player
• Knowledge of implementing and creating fun, imaginative and safe activities
Physical Skill and Effort
• No special physical skills required.
• Provide direct supervision and care to children ages 4 years and up.
• Implement the program curriculum as assigned.
• Assist in creating a safe environment that sustains healthy child development through the HIGH FIVE Quality at Play Standards which includes active play, participation and interaction while being a caring and nurturing role model.
• Lead creative, fun, interactive, unique and diverse program activities that children enjoy and feel welcomed in.
• Promote and engage in physical activity, healthy choices, imaginative play and skill building opportunities as mandated in the weekly themed curriculum.
• Communicate and make recommendations as needed.
• Maintain safety standard practices as a high priority at all times.
• Be an active team member while maintaining a healthy, fun and safe environment for staff and children.
• Provide information and liaise with parents as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Decision Making and Judgement:
• Work is performed under the general leadership of the Team Leader- Day Camps.
This position is responsible for the supervision of children ages 4 to 10.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Interpersonal skill to liaise with the parents, children and fellow staff members in a friendly and co-operative manner.
• With Supervisor- Recreation programming to ensure work responsibilities are met.
• With Team Leader- Day Camps to ensure activities align with curriculum.
• With other staff to ensure provision of timely information and services.
• With parents on a daily basis to provide information on their child.
• Primarily works at the Atlas Tube Centre.
• Children’s activities may be both indoors and outdoors.
Control over Work Schedule
• Hours may vary between Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm (from 24 to 35 hrs/wk)
As an inclusive employer, the Municipality of Lakeshore is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. The Municipality is also committed to ensuring that personal information will remain confidential under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.