2021 Summer Student Marina Dock Hand
|Open Date||Jan 19 2021 - 02:04:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||2021 Summer Student Marina Dock Hand||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||24-35|
Work Term: April 26, 2021 to October 15, 2021
Reporting to the Supervisor of Recreation Programming, the Student Dock Hand is responsible for general operations of the municipal marina by assisting in the arrivals and departures of boats while maintaining a safe and clean environment and assisting customers in a courteous manner.
- Student at least 16 years of age as of April 26, 2021
- Previous experience working in a marina environment or with boats
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C required
- VHF Radio Operator’s License an asset but not required
- Boating license an asset but not required
- Protective footwear
- Well-developed communication skills in order to deal with the public
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude to operate equipment including small tools
- Marina operations
- Ability to follow work orders and show initiative for completing tasks
Physical Skill and Effort
- Able to use equipment safely and act in a safe manner
- Able to handle cash transactions.
- Must be able to perform light physical duties associated with operating equipment and small tools
• Assist seasonal/transient boaters.
• Ensure that all forms related to marina operations are completed and fees collected.
• Responsible for correctly following pump out procedures and providing gas fill ups while servicing boats.
• Ensure that all corporate and marina policies and regulations are followed as they apply to employees and patrons of the marina and marina facilities.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the marina docks and facilities (including janitorial duties in the washrooms, showers, etc.).
• Assist with maintenance of grounds (i.e. garbage collection, grass cutting, watering of plants, etc.).
• Open and close marina office.
• Maintain marina inventory and supplies.
• Collect dock fees, transient fees and launch fees.
• Other duties or tasks as assigned.
Decision Making and Judgement:
• Work is performed under the general direction of the Manager of Recreation and Leisure with access to municipal policies, procedures, bylaws and regulations.
Interpersonal skill to liaise with the public and fellow staff members in a friendly and co-operative manner.
• With Supervisor to ensure work responsibilities are met.
• With other staff to ensure provision of timely information and services.
• Answer questions from the public, provide information and provide customer service.
• Works outdoors in a marina environment
• Exposure to varying weather conditions
Control over Work Schedule
• Shift work, Monday through Sunday
• Hours of work will range from 24-35 hours per week
• Typical shifts include 6am – 2pm & 1pm – 9pm (hours may vary depending on marina activity)
As an inclusive employer, the Municipality of Lakeshore is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. The Municipality is also committed to ensuring that personal information will remain confidential under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.