Human Resources Co-op Student
|Open Date||Dec 22 2020 - 11:10:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Human Resources Co-op Student||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||High School Diploma|
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Co-op student is responsible for assisting with the general duties of Human Resources including special projects, coordinating interviews, preparing presentation materials preparing spreadsheets of information for HRIS implementation and other duties as assigned.
• Be a returning student in a Human Resources certificate or diploma program.
• Must have experience demonstrating effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have experience demonstrating strong organizational, interpersonal, tact and sound judgment skills.
• Must hold and maintain a valid Ontario driver’s license
• Previous experience in Human Resources and customer service is an asset
• Knowledge of various Human Resources and Health and Safety Legislation including but not limited to WSIA, OHSA, Human Rights, Employment Standards
• Experience dealing with the public
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Capable of recognizing hazards and be able to translate same into operational recommendations and requirements
• Assist with employee file set up, scanning and filing of confidential information.
• Review Health and Safety program including standards and training.
• Screen resumes through application tracking software.
• Assist in recruitment activities including arranging interviews, coordinate testing, and conducting reference checks.
• Assist with creating training and development programs for all staff.
• Participate in various meetings as requested.
• Tactfully respond to questions from fellow employees
• Create documents as requested by members of the Human Resources Team.
• Maintain information systems.
• Assist with updating human resources and health and safety policies and procedures to current standards.
• Assist with preparing minutes and agendas for HR meetings.
• Assist with preparing of health and safety and wellness newsletter.
• Assist with scanning employment file information into an electronic
• Other related duties as assigned.
Decision Making and Judgement:
• Work is performed under the general direction of the Human Resources Manager.
• Decision making limited to recommending courses of actions to the Manager.
Physical Skill and Effort
• No special physical skills required.
• Daily contact with office staff and Manager. External
• Various agencies and members of the public.
• Primarily works in an office environment
Control over Work Schedule
• Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
As an inclusive employer, the Municipality of Lakeshore is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. The Municipality is also committed to ensuring that personal information will remain confidential under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.