Seasonal Parks Operator
|Open Date||Feb 09 2021 - 08:25:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Seasonal Parks Operator||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Salary Range||$27.19/hr (2019 rate)|
Work Term March 29, 2021 through December 3, 2021
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Supervisor of Operations this position is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the maintenance and upkeep of all municipal parks and open spaces including the maintenance of sports turf, tree and plant inventories, with a focus on quality customer service and continuous improvement.
- Minimum Grade 12
- College Diploma in Turf Management and/or Horticulture or Agricultural field would be an asset
- Mechanical aptitude with field experience and ability to operate relevant mechanical equipment including small tools, chainsaws, garden tractor, lawn equipment, etc.
- Valid Class G drivers license with clean driving abstract
- Class D drivers license is an asset
- Organizational skills to prioritize workloads and complete necessary tasks in a timely manner.
- Customer Service and communication skills to properly communicate with the public and staff members.
Physical Skill and Effort
- Must be able to perform physical demands of the job including using small tools and landscaping equipment.
- Maintain municipal parks and equipment
- Maintain outdoor sports fields and associated facilities including players’ benches, backstops, fence lines and bleacher areas in co-operation with scheduled users and tournaments
- Maintain parks tree and plant inventory
- Perform weekly playground and park inspections and maintain all documentation related to these inspections
- Complete all required repairs resulting from inspections in a timely and effective manner
- Perform all other related duties as may be necessary and assigned from time to time by Supervisor or designate
Decision Making and Judgement:
- Work is performed under the general direction of the Supervisor of Public Works/Parks Operations, with access to the municipal policies, procedures, bylaws and regulations
- Interpersonal skill to liaise with management and the public in a friendly and co-operative manner.
- With the supervisor to ensure timetable of work responsibilities is met.
- With other staff to ensure provision of timely information and services.
- Occasionally handle or redirect general enquiries from the public
- Primarily works outdoors and in inclement weather conditions
Control over Work Schedule
- 40 hours per week with evening and weekend hours as may be required between the hours of 6 am and 10 pm Monday to Sunday
- Work term is will end by December 3, 2021
This position is being posted under the provisions of the Collective Agreement between IBEW Local 636 and the Town of Lakeshore.
As an inclusive employer, the Municipality of Lakeshore is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. The Municipality is also committed to ensuring that personal information will remain confidential under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.