|Open Date||Feb 09 2021 - 08:30:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Equipment Operator||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Salary Range||$29.56 to $31.16 / hr (2019 rate)|
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Supervisor of Operations and under the general direction of the Manager of Operations and the Director of Engineering and Infrastructure Services, the Equipment Operator is responsible for performing a variety of tasks including construction, maintenance, snow/ice removal, maintenance and repair services, and general labour duties for the Public Works Services Division.
• Grade 12
• DZ licence with a clean drivers abstract
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Experience in snow removal would be an asset
• Experience in construction would be an asset
• General knowledge and aptitude in the operation of a variety of construction equipment including but not limited to trucks, graders, and tractor loader/backhoe.
• General working knowledge of WHMIS, OHSA and the Municipality's health and safety policies and procedures.
• Snow removal and winter control
• Flood control
• Perform a variety of road maintenance and construction activities, including but not limited to all facets of road construction and maintenance, weed control, equipment repair and maintenance and winter control, including any and all record keeping required as part of these operations and activities
• Be familiar with both rural and urban operations, and as such will require a general knowledge of construction and maintenance of roadways, curbs, sidewalks, storm and sanitary sewers, culverts, bridges, parks and municipal drainage.
• Provides assistance and works as a team member with other employees as necessary to ensure that Municipal labour and equipment resources are used to their maximum efficiency.
• Maintains adequate and accurate records and time logs ie: time cards, etc.
• Maintains accurate vehicle and equipment records as required ie: circle checks, etc.
• Ensures that Municipal vehicles and equipment are operated and maintained in a safe and proper manner.
• Maintains skills and knowledge at a high level by taking appropriate training through courses, workshops and selected reading.
• Works independently or as part of a team, as necessary, in all maintenance and repair activities, ensuring compliance at all times with any and all related legislation, especially the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Mental Effort & Judgement
• May be lifting over 20 lbs.
• Bending, stooping, work above shoulder, walking, standing, sitting and climbing
Accountability & Leadership
• Dependability, punctuality and a sense of responsibility
Contacts & Interpersonal Skills:
Interpersonal skill to liaise with management and the public in a friendly and co-operative manner.
• Supervisor of Operations, Public Works Lead Hand, Manager of Operations, Director of Engineering and Infrastructure Services, other managers, coworkers
• Members of the public
Working Conditions & Hazards:
• Works outside, sometimes in inclement weather.
• Required to work in all weather conditions.
• Driving around the municipality is required.
Control over Work Schedule
• Hours of work 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (40 hours per week), Monday to Friday
• Overtime as specified in the Collective Agreement with IBEW Local 636
As an inclusive employer, the Municipality of Lakeshore is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. The Municipality is also committed to ensuring that personal information will remain confidential under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.