2021 Summer Student Day Camp Team Leader
|Open Date||Jan 19 2021 - 02:19:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||2021 Summer Student Day Camp Team Leader||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||30 to 35|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Location||Atlas Tube Centre|
Work term is June 14 to Sept 3, 2021
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Supervisor- Recreation Programming the Day Camp Senior Team Leader position is responsible to assist the Day Camp Coordinator Senior Campers the direct planning and implementation of the Summer Adventure Camp and Specialty Camps curriculum for children 4 to 10 years of age.
• University or College student (preferably in youth studies)
• Previous experience in a programme leadership or instructor role is required.
• Experience planning and implementation of children’s programs preferred.
• Must enjoy working with children and understand their developmental needs.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Well-developed social skills and leadership skills to work effectively in empowering young leaders to succeed during their term of employment.
• High Five Quality at Play Standards (Course PHCD-100) is required prior to start of employment
• Police Clearance for vulnerable populations
• Standard First Aid/CPR Level C is required prior to start of employment
• Able to work independently and as a team leader.
• Knowledge of implementing and creating fun, imaginative and safe activities
• Knowledge of healthy child development
• Knowledge of safety standards
Physical Skill and Effort
• No special physical skills required.
• Will assist in the Day Camp Coordinator Senior Campers direct planning and implementation of the Summer Adventure Camp and Specialty Camps curriculum.
• Provide direct supervision and care to children ages 4 to 10 years.
• Be an active team member while maintaining a healthy, fun and safe environment for staff and children.
• Lead creative, fun, interactive, unique and diverse program activities that children enjoy and feel welcomed in.
• Provide organizational support to 10+ camp counsellors and volunteers responsible for the delivery of the weekly camp activities.
• Ensure the program’s best practices and High Five Quality at Play Standards are included in the weekly themed curriculum.
• Maintain inventory of supplies and scheduling of activities in a timely manner.
• Assist with orientation training session at start of program session to include program expectations and review of best practices and High Five Standards Leaders Guide.
• Maintain strict protocol at all times in reference to safety standards and policies in place.
• Other duties as assigned.
Decision Making and Judgement:
• Work is performed under the general direction of the Day Camp Coordinator Senior Campers.
• Will work a shift as directed by the Day Camp Coordinator Senior Campers.
This position is responsible to assist in the leadership of day camp counsellors and of children ages 4 to 10.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Interpersonal skill to liaise with the parents, children and fellow staff members in a friendly and co-operative manner.
• With Supervisor- Recreation Programming to ensure work responsibilities are met.
• With Day Camp Coordinator Senior Campers to ensure work responsibilities are met and activities align with curriculum
• With Camp Counsellors to ensure activities align with curriculum.
• With other staff to ensure provision of timely information and services.
• With parents on an occasional basis to provide information on their child.
• Primarily works at the Atlas Tube Centre.
• Children’s activities may be both indoors and outdoors.
Control over Work Schedule
• Usually Monday through Friday, between 7:30 am to 5:30 pm (30 - 35 hrs/wk)
• May be required to work weekends pending scheduled events
As an inclusive employer, the Municipality of Lakeshore is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. The Municipality is also committed to ensuring that personal information will remain confidential under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.