|Open Date||Jul 21 2021 - 11:30:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 30 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Skate Patrol||Posting Type||Non Union Non Management Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||up to 24 hours|
|Location||Atlas Tube Recreation Centre|
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Team Leader Recreation, this position is responsible for supervising patrols on the ice, set up and put away equipment and distribute skate rentals during public skate times.
• 1-3 months customer service experience
• Demonstrated skating ability
• Standard First Aid and CPR with AED certification is an asset
• Able to work co-operatively in a team environment as well as independently and follow instructions
• Knowledge of cash registers and balancing of daily cash intake.
• Strong mathematical skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Well-developed communication skills in order to deal with fellow staff and the public
Physical Skill and Effort
• Able to use equipment safely and act in a safe manner
• Able to handle cash transactions, count money and disperse correct change.
• Follow ice admission policies for public skating participants
• Control/count the number of participants on the ice
• Skate as on ice patrol ensuring participants are following approved public skating rules
• Ensure ice rink is free from hazards
• Set up and take down of equipment
• Serve customers in a courteous, friendly and prompt manner.
• Follow all health and safety procedures
Decision Making and Judgement:
• Work is performed under the general direction of the Team Leader Recreation with access to municipal policies, procedures, bylaws and regulations.
Interpersonal skill to liaise with fellow staff members and the public in a friendly and co-operative manner.
With Team Leader to ensure work responsibilities are met.
With other staff to ensure provision of timely information and services.
Answer questions from the public, provide information and provide customer service.
• Works at Atlas Tube Recreation Centre.
Control over Work Schedule
• Hours are part time and will be established by the Team Leader.
• Hours of work will not exceed 24 per week.
• Hours of work will include evenings and weekends.